That time again, the time I just nick a tag I liked from [P.S. I Love That Book]. Please do let me know if you do it too, for I’m a curious bastard, I want to know what you answered. This time it’s all about our wonderful female authors.
Pardon my liberty to rephrase the questions, and not include the more/less reasoning behind the tag.
- My favorite female authors: Currently it must be V.E. Schwab. I love the women she writes, and I love her writing, and I love her stories.
- Female written book that changed my perspective/views: Felicia Day’s biography “You’re never weird on the internet (almost)“, and Lilly Singh’s “How to be a Bawse“
- Favorite gothic novel written by a female author: I’m torn between Frankenstein and Interview with the Vampire (or Blackwood Farm by same author)
- Favorite detective novel written by a female author: It’s easier to just name the two gem women who write amazing detectives, for by them I’d read anything – Agatha Christie, and Kathy Reichs
- Favorite poet / poem: Not a fan of poetry, have no real knowledge
- A book by a woman that I’d always recommend to a woman: I don’t think I read books that’d be easier to recommend to one sex/gender more than the other, so I’m at a loss here too. What do you like? I’m sure I can name a book or two to recommend if I know.
- Recently discovered gem by a female author: Shades of Magic, hands down. And then several more…