I don’t know about you, but this cooling down of the summer gave me mad Halloween vibes straight away. I mean, for real, give me skelly decorations, serious vampire books (not the stuff I flood my blog with right now), horror movies, all the things!
Epic bookmark by: Pen and Pin
Categories: About Msg2TheMing, Monday: Promo, Treasures
Tags: autumn, bat, bats, book lover, book worm, booklover, bookstagram, bookworm, Bram Stoker, Dracula, fall, halloween, october, vampire, vampires
New school year is about to start (condolences to all of you who are still affected by that date). Meaning every store ever has school supplies ready. And each one has different stuff. So I spent like 20 minutes circling this one table, because ooh, look at that one. And this one is just one misc among them, meaning there’s probably a pack somewhere, with varied versions of this precise one…
I also got a few pens, the ones that cost half a buck and write for about a week. But they’re really good to have on work desk, especially if you need to scan something in the most sharp possible outline ever.
| IG | Twitter | FB |
I usually don’t do any of these summaries. Or maybe I just didn’t do them, for I didn’t have much material to write from before. But this year I managed to reach my book goal, and since I challenged myself through the whole year, I figured there’s no reason to stop on the last day either. So, thanks to Goodreads helping me keep track, I decided to apply the one day / day one here too, and tell you what I achieved this year among the books.
- Officially I’ve read 101 book. Unofficially a 103, one still awaits a review, and one more is reviewed, but waiting (and will wait as long as it needs) for a little cookie entry in my new favorite blog: [Pen&Pin]
- The longest book I’ve read this year was “Blood and Gold” by Anne Rice, with 752 pages. The shortest one was “The Smuggler and the Warlord” by K.J. Charles with mere, but so very glorious 3 pages of awesome.
- This year I’ve read “1984” by George Orwell, fully for the first time.
- Felicia Day “You’re Never Weird on the Internet (almost)“
- V.E. Schwab “A Gathering of Shadows“
- Jeaniene Frost “Bound by Flames“
- Laini Taylor “Strange the Dreamer“
- A.R. Torre “If You Dare“
- Neven Iliev “Morningwood: Everybody Loves Large Chests“
- Adrian Tchaikovsky “Guns of the Dawn“
- Andy Weir “Artemis“
- N.K. Jemisin “The Fifth Season“
- Angie Thomas “The Hate U Give“
- I’ve only read 3 paper books this year, the rest were one way or another all in digital form. I regret nothing.
- I’ve read 5 biographies / memoirs
- I finished 12 series, among them being the whole of Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.
I hope your book year was good too, and the next will be even better. Have a great Yellow Earth Dog 2018 Year!
BIRTHDAY SALE! I’m a December baby, to those who don’t know. So in celebration of my birthday to come, I’m giving YOU presents! ❤
Anyone with over 5eu spent post applying the discount enter a contest to win any chosen piece from the shop on my bday!
Anyone with over 14eu spent post applying the discount receive a gift in addition to entering the contest!